[sunset4] IP on draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf
Marc Blanchet
2017-09-19 12:08:09 UTC
Dear author,
please state if you have direct, personal knowledge of any IPR related
to this document (draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf), and if yes, was it
disclosed, in conformance with BCPs 78 and 79.

Regards, Marc, document shepherd
Lee Howard
2017-09-19 13:36:44 UTC
Lol
I know of no IPR related to this draft.

Lee

Sent from my iPhone
Jacques Latour
2017-09-19 13:54:27 UTC

I know I'm late on the reviewing part, but just wondering how the policing part will work, who will ensure the "IETF work will explicitly support IPv6" activities?

Second, as an example, when this come in effect, would this draft "https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09" specifically exclude IPv4 specifications, meaning this new framework work should only be applied to IPv6, and ideally make IPv6 feature rich vs. IPv4.

Jacques

Marc Blanchet
2017-09-19 14:12:11 UTC
Post by Jacques Latour
Hi,
I know I'm late on the reviewing part, but just wondering how the
policing part will work, who will ensure the "IETF work will
explicitly support IPv6" activities?
I think that this is out of the wg remit and shall be handled by IESG.
My guess is there will be many implications that the IESG will have to
deal with.

Marc.
Lee Howard
2017-09-19 15:30:09 UTC
On 9/19/17, 9:54 AM, "sunset4 on behalf of Jacques Latour"
Post by Jacques Latour
Hi,
I know I'm late on the reviewing part, but just wondering how the
policing part will work, who will ensure the "IETF work will explicitly
support IPv6" activities?
Policing requires a policy to be in effect, and this document creates that
policy.

It gives the IESG a consensus-based document to use in their work.
Post by Jacques Latour
Second, as an example, when this come in effect, would this draft
"https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-mcast-framework-09"
specifically exclude IPv4 specifications, meaning this new framework work
should only be applied to IPv6, and ideally make IPv6 feature rich vs.
IPv4.
While I look forward to that day, this document doesn’t do that.
I think the NVO multicast document would be covered by "No IPv4-only
feature will be added unless
there's an equivalent feature added in the IPv6 version.”
Post by Jacques Latour
Jacques
Lee