[sunset4] [OSPF] 答复: [Isis-wg] 答复: 答复: IPv6 router IDs
Bhatia, Manav (Manav)
2014-05-30 03:20:27 UTC
Sorry for joining the party so late ..

Those of you following the BFD WG would know that BFD WG is currently being re-chartered to include S-BFD as one of the items that it will be working on.

For S-BFD to work, we need to distribute the S-BFD discriminators across the IGP routing domain. How this can be achieved with OSPF has been described in http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-bhatia-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-00.txt

With the help of this draft S-BFD clients will know what S-BFD discriminator to use when talking to the reflector or the S-BFD server.

However, it still needs a routable IP address that it can use to set up the S-BFD session.

I believe the draft http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-ospf-ipv6-router-id-00 will help us in getting that information in the IPv6 context.

Unfortunately, the above draft uses an inappropriate TLV name and doesn’t seem to have a use-case that supports the need for such a TLV. I believe we have at least one use case where we need a "routable" IPv6 address.

Cheers, Manav
Date: Sunday, May 11, 2014 6:44 PM
OSPF
Subject: 答复: [Isis-wg] [OSPF] 答复: 答复: [sunset4] IPv6 router
IDs
Hi Acee,
IMHO, segment routing could work together with the RFC3464 VPN. In
such
case, the segment routing just replace the role of LDP or RSVP-TE of
establishing a transport LSP between PE r