[sunset4] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation-02.txt
GangChen
2013-07-15 03:06:02 UTC
wg,

I submitted a new version of draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation
The updates incorporated The comments on the previous meeting.
Several testing results are described help to evaluate/verify/complete
the statements.

Your further reviews/comments are appreciated.

BRs

Gang

Date : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
The document enumerates methods of port assignment in CGN contexts,
more focusing on a NAT64 environment. The analysis categorizes the
different methods with several key features. The uses of existing
protocols are further described corresponding to those features.
This memo also states the port-usage experiences, relevant findings,
evaluations and workarounds. It's expected the document could
provide an informative base line to help operators choosing a proper
method.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation-02

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation-02

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

George, Wes
2013-07-23 15:33:36 UTC
A couple of quick comments on Section 2:

" With the merits of simplicity and efficiency, NAT64 will be likely
deployed."
--I think you're asserting that NAT64 is simple and efficient, but this begs the question, "in comparison to what, and using what criteria?" I would either remove this phrase (it's mainly just an introductory transition), or provide supporting information to better advocate for NAT64.

" There was a testing on the comparison of port consumption on NAT64
and NAT44."
--Citation, please?

Thanks,

Wes, as an individual.
GangChen
2013-07-24 11:08:53 UTC
Hi Wes,

Thanks for your comments.
Post by George, Wes
" With the merits of simplicity and efficiency, NAT64 will be likely
deployed."
--I think you're asserting that NAT64 is simple and efficient, but this begs
the question, "in comparison to what, and using what criteria?" I would
either remove this phrase (it's mainly just an introductory transition), or
provide supporting information to better advocate for NAT64.
I'd prefer to remove this phrase. This may lead to another
discussions, which may be worth to write another 20-pages draft.
Post by George, Wes
" There was a testing on the comparison of port consumption on NAT64
and NAT44."
--Citation, please?
The testing was made in our IPv6 trials. I would change the sentence
as "we have a testing on the comparison of port consumption on NAT64
and NAT44"

Best Regards

Gang
Post by George, Wes
Thanks,
Wes, as an individual.
Date : 2013-07-14
The document enumerates methods of port assignment in CGN contexts,
more focusing on a NAT64 environment. The analysis categorizes the
different methods with several key features. The uses of existing
protocols are further described corresponding to those features.
This memo also states the port-usage experiences, relevant findings,
evaluations and workarounds. It's expected the document could
provide an informative base line to help operators choosing a proper
method.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation-02
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-sunset4-cgn-port-allocation-
02
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this
E-mail and any printout.